• All users may read freely at the library premises and make photocopies. Borrowing, however, is restricted to staff and collaborators.
• There is direct access to the book shelves.
• The catalogue may be searched online; a Bibliobase data base operates in a Windows environment.
• The library has a seating capacity for 8 people and one work station for access to the catalogue
• Portable computers may be used though not in a network service.
Main Themes and Target Users
The library specialises in architectural heritage.
It is open to the public.
Its main users are IGESPAR employees and collaborators, as well as researchers and university students (undergraduates but also those doing their Masters and PhDs).
The Library holdings include mainly monographs and periodicals about architecture/town planning, heritage and history. Social sciences, heraldry and archaeology are other subjects that can be found in the main Library.
There is a total of fifteen thousand documents including monographs, periodicals and analytics.
Conditions of Access and use
It is an open library, as anyone can have access to its collections, besides employees and collaborators.
At IGESPAR’s main office in the Palace of Ajuda, Lisbon.
From Mondays to Fridays, between 9.30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Closed for lunch from 1 to 2 p.m. (from 1st July to 15 September).
It closes on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays and on Lisbon’s municipal day.
Palácio da Ajuda-Ala Norte
T.: 00351 213 614 200; 00351 213 614 238
F.: 00351 213 628 470
Manuela Moreira (librarian)
Buses – 729, 732, 742 e 60;
Tram - 18